Saturday, April 26, 2008

My Work

I have been working as an Architect for about 20 years. I have designed various building types throughout my career, some worth mentioning and some are insignificant. The best reward for an Architect like me is to see my work materialise and appreciated by the end users, and remain there long after i am gone. The sad part about my work is to have clients who are not appreciative of beauty of forms, and specific experience that can be incorporated in the design of the building. They are not adventurous enough to take risk with new forms, materials and too conscious of cost. Those who took risks stand proud of the unique buildings they own. I envy those architects who were lucky enough to get the clients who are open minded and allow their architects to explore various themes in aesthetics in order to fulfill functions.
In this blog, i will show some of my work over the years working with some of the architectural firms in Kuala Lumpur.

No comments: